Exciting things are happening at Mountain Aviation, and we are looking for a Director of Training.
Mountain Aviation is excited to re-think the aviation industry and we are focused on creating the best place to work through our culture and offering you the quality of life you are looking for.
Manage the training department of Flight Operations; oversee and schedule timely ground and flight training and checking as appropriate. Develop, revise and teach curriculums. Oversee all record keeping as required by FARs.
- Provide departmental instruction when required
- Track and oversee scheduling of training and notify CSG of such events.
- Oversee departmental curriculum development and delivery, to include updating and revising course material.
- Oversee training documentation and compliance.
- Provide a monthly audit of upcoming training events to Program Managers and Chief pilot
- Ensure Training Manual Compliance.
- Ensure Compliance with FAR 135 requirements.
- Teach in house ground school classes such as iPad Training, Initial Indoc, CRM, Aircraft Systems etc. Assists with additional projects as assigned.
- Instruct pilots and other company employees in the subject areas assigned by the Chief Pilot.
- Assist with preparing for FAA audits as requested by ensuring all files are complete and accurate.
- Assists the Director of Operations with additional assigned duties and projects.
- Instruct pilots and other company employees in the subject areas required by FAA 135 Regulations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Research projects when assigned.
- Help with flight departmental scheduling decisions.
- Additional projects as assigned by Chief Pilot.
- Directly advise of GOM, Training Manual, SOP manual issues needing correction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Mountain Aviation’s GOM, Ops Specs, and Standard Operating Procedures, and FARs 135, 91 and 61.
- Extensive understanding of the Training Manual.
- Extensive understanding of FAR 135 requirements.
- Competent with Microsoft office products including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Strong understanding of aviation and the training environment.
- Strong understanding of staffing and training requirements.
- Must successfully complete required instructor training in Company Training manual.
- Experience working in the aviation industry.
- Prior experience as a flight or ground instructor
- Current and qualified in aircraft if teaching aircraft systems
Work is performed in an office setting with prolonged periods of sedentary activity
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Health, Dental, and Vision available the first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits include Life Insurance and AFLAC
- 401k with 3% match
This job description does not constitute an employment contract and does not alter the at-will-employment agreement between Mountain Aviation and the incumbent. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Director of Training. The list is non-exhaustive and additional duties may be required.