We’re always looking to hire the best…
Here at Mountain Aviation, our employees provide exceptional service to our long-time jet charter clients, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. What makes Mountain Aviation a great place to work? Not only are we the best Aircraft Charter, Management, and Maintenance operator in the Rocky Mountain Region, we offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries, and great employee benefits. We also offer professional growth opportunities to all of our employees pursuing a stable and successful career in aviation. Currently, we are accepting inquiries from both aspiring aviation professionals as well as seasoned industry experts. After reading through the entire job post, if you believe you would be a valuable member of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Schedule: Must be available full-time for evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled. We are a 24/7 operation.
The Flight Operations Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of both the Mountain Aviation Client’s (Aircraft Owners and Charter Clients) and Pilot’s flight experience. Client centered customer service, in-depth flight operations knowledge, and an understanding of CFR 14 parts 91 and 135 are essential to success as a CSG (Customer Services Group) team member. This position encompasses aspects of Owner Services, Aviation Dispatch, and Pilot Services disciplines and offers Mountain Aviation Clients a team-centered approach to meeting their aviation needs. This position is in direct contact with our highly successful and high net-worth Clients and their representatives. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are essential personal qualities for the successful Flight Operations Coordinator. Immediate response to Client requests is of the utmost importance.
- Maintain a culture of total customer service focused on anticipating our Clients’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Develop a working relationship with all Mountain Aviation Pilots and assist Crew Logistics Coordinator with scheduling, assignments, and trip logistic needs for the pilot team
- Assist in crew scheduling and crew resource utilization along with Logistics Coordinator and Chief Pilot
- Notify and brief all crewmembers associated with scheduled trips as well as maintain communications with crew and assist in all crew associated travel plans.
- Communicate any operational issues, as appropriate, to the appropriate departments and if needed to our Clients.
- Document and maintain compliance with Mountain Aviation contractual obligations to all Clients .
- Proactively resolve Client issues and disputes; referring to and including the Business Development Team for Client Relations assistance when appropriate.
- Analyze aircraft fleet utilization to best serve our Client needs and maximize Mountain Aviation overall safety and profitability.
- Monitor weather and airport conditions on a daily basis to ensure daily operations can be accomplished safely and without unexpected interruption.
- Actively Flight Follow; monitoring all aircraft movements both in the air and on the ground. Coordinate aircraft towing and fueling when and where necessary.
- Effectively communicate with Mountain Aviation Maintenance and crew regarding scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events.
- Participate and contribute in daily operations meeting.
- Responsible for oversight and efficient/accurate processing of all Owner and Charter trip invoices.
- Utilize FOS to its maximum ability with incorporating scheduling updates to profiles, airport/aircraft information, maintenance warnings and aircraft times and invoicing.
- Strive to meet daily, monthly, and annual sales and operations goals.
- Receive and provide accurate quotes for charter requests by clients and/or other operators or brokers as needed to assist the sales team.
- Maintain and continually improve Clients and Vendor contact information in FOS.
- Learn to utilize computer systems and programs to perform job duties to include but not limited to: FOS, Flight Explorer,Flight Aware, and Microsoft Excel.
- Record all flight data from completed trips using the Trip Completion Checklist.
- Prepare paperwork required for the overnight and/or weekend coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of geography, aviation meteorology, customer service, and corporate aircraft types and performance.
- Exceptional communication, writing, and teamwork skills.
- Solid computer skills, proficient in MS Office software
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member while meeting individual performance goals
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Previous aviation industry specific work experience
- Experience with and an understanding of corporate aircraft operations and FAA regulations CFR 14 FAR 91 and 135
- College Degree (Aviation or Business degree preferred)
- FAA Dispatch Certificate or Pilot Certificate
- Previous sales experience
- Experience working with FOS software
- Work is performed in an office setting with prolonged periods of sedentary activity
- Required flexible work schedule to accommodate various changing shifts, PTO and on-call adjustments (Includes: weekdays, evenings, and weekends).
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds
- Health, Dental, and Vision, AFLAC and Voluntary Life coverage are available at the first of the month following date of hire
- Life and LTD paid by company
- 401k with company match at 3%
- Did we mention, we are located in the beautiful State of Colorado? We offer a flexible schedule and competitive salary so that you can enjoy a work-life balance in this gorgeous state!
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job expires 90 days from posting -