We’re always looking to hire the best…
Here at Mountain Aviation, our employees provide exceptional service to our long-time jet charter clients, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. What makes Mountain Aviation a great place to work? Not only are we the best Aircraft Charter, Management, and Maintenance operator in the Rocky Mountain Region, we offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries, and great employee benefits. We also offer professional growth opportunities to all of our employees pursuing a stable and successful career in aviation. Currently, we are accepting inquiries from both aspiring aviation professionals as well as seasoned industry experts. After reading through the entire job post, if you believe you would be a valuable member of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are currently looking for an experienced Citation X Captain
who resides in the Denver Metro Area (or is willing to relocate)
The ideal candidate will be typed & current in the CE-750 with at least 300 hours logged
The Pilot-in-Command (PIC) has command and responsibility for the flight crew, passengers, cargo, the safe conduct of the flight, and provides guidance and coordinates activities of every individual connected with all phases of the aircraft operation. The PIC adheres to proper Cockpit Resource Management (CRM) techniques. The PIC reports to the Chief Pilot and to the Director of Operations.
- Retain final authority for the safe operation of aircraft.
- Direct the activities of the Second-in-Command (SIC), ensuring all flight crewmembers understand and complete their duties using appropriate CRM.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy and all proper documents are on board and is properly stocked for the trip
- Make decisions to the start, delay, cancellation of flight or deviation from planned destination when operating conditions dictate.
- Prepare or supervise all flight plan considerations, including but not limited to, weather, performance, appropriate flight level, appropriate fueling, airport facilities, and navigational aids and flight following procedures are followed.
- Ensure the aircraft weight and balance form/manifest is properly completed, signed, and distributed.
- Report promptly all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the Chief Pilot.
- Maintain a current medical certificate as required and notify the Chief Pilot if medical condition may impair ability to perform the flight.
- Ensure all passengers are properly briefed for the proposed flight as well as all provisions for their comfort have been made.
- Ensure all maintenance write-ups are coordinated with and passed on to the maintenance personnel and that Flight Operations is alerted to the current status of the aircraft.
- Ensure appropriate communications with Operations in a timely and efficient method.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in the General Operations Manual, FAA regulations, Operations Specifications, Flight Manuals, and other instructions pertinent to assigned duties.
- Must have ability to interact with Clients and determine if their needs are being met as well as to help resolve any issues with a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate
- 6000 Total Time
- 4000 Pilot-in-Command
- 3000 Multi-Engine Pilot-in-Command
- 2500 Turbine
- 1500 Jet
- 250 Pilot in Command in Type
- 135 Current
- Citation X Type Rating
- 300+ hrs Pilot in Command in Type
- Work is performed in an aircraft with an on-demand flight schedule
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds
What we offer you:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching
- Life, AD&D, and LTD paid by the company
- Flexible Spending account, for you and your dependent
- Voluntary benefits include accident insurance, Short Term Disability, Hospital coverage, and additional Life Insurance through AFLAC
- Did we mention, we are located in the beautiful State of Colorado? Our pilots start accruing PTO after 6 months so that they can enjoy a work-life balance in this gorgeous state!
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job expires 90 days from posting -