We’re always looking to hire the best…
Here at Mountain Aviation, our employees provide exceptional service to our long-time jet charter clients, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. What makes Mountain Aviation a great place to work? Not only are we the best Aircraft Charter, Management, and Maintenance operator in the Rocky Mountain Region, we offer flexible schedules, competitive salaries, and great employee benefits. We also offer professional growth opportunities to all of our employees pursuing a stable and successful career in aviation. Currently, we are accepting inquiries from both aspiring aviation professionals as well as seasoned industry experts. After reading through the entire job post, if you believe you would be a valuable member of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are currently looking for an HR Generalist to join our team in Broomfield, CO!
The Human Resources Generalist will provide human resources administration and support to all employees, including administrative staff, pilots, mechanics, and executives.The HR Generalist will be expected to bring high energy, a great attitude, creativity, and a diligent mindset to the Mountain Aviation Team.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages employee relations, including serving as point of contact for employees and managers to discuss HR issues and develop strategies to resolve problems.
- Builds upon the current orientation structure for new-hire employees.
- Assists with recruitment effort for all personnel in coordination with the hiring managers.
- Performs benefits administration to include enrollments & terminations, open enrollment meetings, reconciling statements, managing relationship with benefits broker, conducting periodic audits of benefits files; assists with evaluating and selecting benefits programs on an annual basis.
- Administers semi-monthly payroll and communicates with payroll vendor to ensure tax filings are completed accurately.
- Assists in administering PRIA background check process for new pilots as needed.
- Works with a team to manage FAA DOT Drug Abatement program compliance.
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure compliance
- Works with a team to manage TSA Twelve-Five Standard Security Program.
- Provides HR insight when managers need direction on disciplinary actions, terminations, and developing departmental policies.
- Manages LOA, FMLA and Workers Compensation programs.
- Responsible for ensuring Federal and State filing completion (EE01, VETS100).
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from data.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and record keeping.
- Conducts exit interviews and administers all termination paperwork.
- Serve as an ambassador of the company’s culture and core values.
- Support HR activities, including employee relations, talent acquisition, onboarding, and training with an eye towards engagement.
- Organize company-wide events, including holiday parties, company get-togethers, and volunteer events.
- Elicit feedback and review analytics on employee engagement in order to drive successful process improvements and increase the company’s retention.
- Serve as the HR department’s subject matter expert on employee engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general Human Resources Practices and Employment Law including confidentiality requirements, HIPAA, COBRA
- Knowledge of requirements for aviation regulatory programs including PRIA, CHRC, TSA TFSSP, DOT Drug Program.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to independently establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills; advanced proficiency in MS Office products.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as team member while meeting individual performance goals.
- A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, OR a Master's degree in Human Resources Management and 2 years of experience in the HR field.
- Professional in Human Resource certification (PHR).
- Aviation experience, specifically in Part135 operations.
- Work is performed in an office setting with prolonged periods of sedentary activity
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Health, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life Insurance available first of the month following date of hire.
- Company paid Life, AD&D and LTD
- 401k with company match at 3% after 3 months of employment.
- PTO accrual starting immediately upon hire
Mountain Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.